Surprise Watermelon & Orange Jellies!
If you’re after another idea to make the kids’ eyes light up with joy and happiness, surprise watermelon & orange jellies are it! Unless they really don’t like jelly.
They take SO little time to make, and the look on the kids’ faces is priceless! Children expect to see fun food at parties, but on a ‘normal day’ these watermelon & orange jellies are bound to surprise them!
These are the sorts of things they’ll remember fondly when they’re older, and put in a request for from time to time. *you need to make the jelly more concentrated than normal, or it will wibble wobble all over the place!
If your children aren’t good with surprises, they can enjoy making the watermelon & orange jellies themselves. And it goes without saying, you don’t need to make both if you don’t want to!
“I’m hungry, what can I eat?”
<Brings out a bowl of watermelon & fruit jellies>
What You Need:
- 1 x mini watermelon (the flesh scooped out and gobbled up)
- 3 x packs of strawberry jelly (to fill one whole mini watermelon), though a half is plenty!
- 1 x pack of orange jelly (fills three halves of scooped out oranges)
- A bowl (to stand the now scooped out half a watermelon in)
What You Do:
- Cut your mini watermelon or oranges in in half
- Scoop out the flesh *with the oranges – snip the bit that’s attached to the bottom off with scissors. If you pull it out, you’ll make a hole in the bottom!
- Dry out the inside a bit with a paper towel
- Place each half into a bowl to keep it level, and find a space in the fridge big enough for them!
- Break the jelly up and put it into a jug
- 3 packs of jelly broken up into it’s squares into a measuring jug
- Add 1.5 pints of boiling water, and stir until all of the jelly has dissolved
- Add 0.5 pints of cold water. Mix
- Pour the jelly into the watermelon halves, and put them into the fridge, and allow to set
- 2 packs of jelly broken up into it’s squares into a measuring jug
- Add 3/4 pint of boiling water, and stir until all of the jelly has dissolved
- Add 1/2 pint of cold water. Mix
- Pour the jelly into the orange halves, and put them into the fridge, and allow to set
Another surprise watermelon idea I absolutely love …
Other fun surprise foods you might like …
Magical moments for you and your child to share
Take your children on a magical journey with these unique, hand-drawn letters from two of the most magical places on earth … the North Pole and Fairyland.
Hide them among the bills and junk mail, lay them on the table first thing in the morning, stashed among the toys, or snuggled up in their bed. You choose where your children find the letters, to create a magical family tradition the kids will love!
“The best Christmas idea ever.” – Charlie Condou (Actor)
“These were the best things I have ever (and I mean ever) ordered!!
I’ve never seen the magic or happiness last so long x”
– Jolene (August 2017)
If your child believes in Father Christmas and you want to keep the magic for as long as possible, There are DIFFERENT and NEW! Christmas Letters each year! You can preorder these for Christmas 2018 for dispatch from September.
Fairy & Tooth Fairy Letters
Fairy letters from a world of dragons (who set fire to your lunch by mistake), Mystery Gardens (with changing adventures inside), Magical Potion Fairies, Secret Underground Passageways, Magical Tree Bark, Time Travel … and more.
Dummy Fairy Letters are available too!
To receive my blog posts, please sign up at the right hand side of this page or for Product or Christmas News and promotions from the International Elf Service, please sign up at the bottom of the page.