- November 06, 2018
- IN International Elf Service, Crafts/Activities, International Fairy Service
- BY Elfie
DIY Lollipop Stick Fairy Doors & Elf Doors
They say if you’d like to invite Fairies or Elves into your home, all you need to do is provide either a Fairy Door or an Elf door … and wait and see who moves in. You could either make one of these as a surprise for your children to find when they get home from school, or they can have lots of fun making their own.
You’ll definitely know if someone’s moved in, because you’ll notice some kind of action. You may suddenly see a washing line hanging up next to it for example …
Or you may find they’ve left your family a little note …
“The Elves write the letters on small paper, and there is a
magic machine that makes them bigger for us to read. “
– Jack, aged 5 (2018)
You can make them any colour, any size and use whatever you have lying around the house in terms of paint, decorations or ‘handles’. Here are four different super simple very imperfect ones, which if you scroll down, you’ll see look super cool ‘in situ’.
What You Need:
- PVA glue (that dries to clear)
- Lollipop sticks / Popsicle Sticks
- Paint OR coffee
- Any gems, buttons, eyelets, stickers, twigs or anything else you may have
*NB- rather than using broken bits of popsicle stick to form the braces across the door, you could use pieces of twig. Anything goes!
What You Do:
Copy the ones I made – or come up with something new!
- Lay the required number of popsicle sticks side by side.
- Snap an extra stick in two with your hands, glue the two halves on (pushing them down on to the ‘base sticks’ firmly) and then when the glue is totally dry …
- Use scissors to trim any raw edges BUT make sure you support the edges as you do so.
- Put your new door either against a tree, on a shelf, up above a dado rail, in a bush, by a skirting board … and wait!
You may also like:
Try our amazingly unique and magical Family Christmas Tradition of Christmas Letter Bundles from the North Pole. Elf letters filled with secrets and snippets from the North Pole, for you to deliver very mysteriously … for your children to find.
*You don’t need an Elf or a Fairy Door to enjoy these letters. Pop them by their toothbrushes, in the shoes, stashed away in their toys – have fun!
15% Off First Order
Take your children on a magical journey with these unique, hand-drawn letters from two of the most magical places on earth … the North Pole and Fairyland.
Hide them among the bills and junk mail, lay them on the table first thing in the morning, stashed among the toys, or snuggled up in their bed. You choose where your children find the letters, to create a magical family tradition the kids will love!
“The best Christmas idea ever.” – Charlie Condou (Actor)
“These were the best things I have ever (and I mean ever) ordered!!
I’ve never seen the magic or happiness last so long x”
– Jolene (August 2017)
If your child believes in Father Christmas and you want to keep the magic for as long as possible, There are new Christmas Letter Bundles each year.