Sweetcorn & avocado salsa is actually a great side dish for young kids to make themselves for the family AND they get to practise their cutting skills out on the avocado. Much better than them trying them out on your freshly baked loaf of sourdough…
I know tinned sweetcorn isn’t everyone’s cup of tea but so many kids love it. This ‘ensemble’ is a great way to introduce different flavours and / or jazz up wraps etc. Add some Mexican zing to your life!
We need to avoid dairy and eggs so this recipe also happens to be vegan!
What You Need:
- A young chef
- Tin of sweetcorn
- Avocado – diced to the size you fancy
- Big squeeze of fresh lime juice
- Fresh coriander (finely chopped)
- +/- red onion (finely chopped)
What you do:
- Mix them altogther.
- Have a taste and add more lime juice or coriander until it it’s ‘just right.’
And that’s it!
If you enjoyed this recipe and would like to see more, please look in our Free From Recipes. If you’d like to receive our blog posts straight into your inbox, please do sign up over on the right hand side of this page.