Smoky Beef Burger Parcels (Gluten Free, Egg Free)
I’ve been avoiding cooking burgers for the family as our youngest is gluten free, egg free and soya free and I’m not that great on wheat BUT then I remembered THE WRAP (Warburtons gluten free white wraps to be precise) the one ‘bread’ product he can actually eat).
Can’t believe I didn’t think of it earlier…
Now, I made a monster batch of this recipe so I could freeze whatever I didn’t turn into burgers to use for a delicious chilli / shepherd’s pie / bolognese / whatever else takes my fancy in the heat of the moment. If you want to make a smaller quantity, then adjust as necessary.
What You Need:
- 1.5kg Minced Beef
- 8 rashers of back bacon (smoked or unsmoked), rind removed and whizzed up in the processor
- 2 monster sized onions
- ‘Some’ Smoked Paprika (I love it so just shake it in, mix it up, smell the mix and then add more until I can actually the smoked paprika. It was about a tablespoon (I think)…
- Gluten free wraps or buns as you wish.
What You Do:
- Mix everything together well.
- Heat some oil in a frying pan (I use rice bran oil as it’s nutritious and has a higher smoking point than some other oils).
- Squish handfuls of the mix together in your hands to form your burgers and frizzle them for a few minutes on each side until they’re cooked ‘just right’.
- Serve the burgers on a gluten free wrap with salad, a slice of beef tomato and some ketchup and / or Tabasco Chipotle Chilli Sauce!
You may also like to see other Free From Recipes including:
Do have a browse through our blog (crafts, parenting, recipes etc) and come and join us on Facebook for lots more! We also have a lovely new Facebook Group called Christmas Traditions & Magic For Children so please come and join us there too!
To receive our blog posts, please sign up at the right hand side of this page or for Product or Christmas News and promotions from the International Elf Service, please sign up at the bottom of the page. This year’s series of Elfie’s Christmas Letters, a shorter set of letters from different elves from the North Pole and other fun products will be in the shop a little later. Don’t forget Elfie’s Birthday Letters are now available in the shop too!