If you’ve been wanting either a Christmas Tree Pizza, or a Christmas Star Pizza for your North Pole Breakfast, or in fact any other day of the year, these 2-main ingredient Christmas Tree pizzas are SO quick and easy to make! It literally takes 5 minutes to make the base and the dough doesn’t need any kneading or rising. The kids love to make their own, it can be gluten & dairy free. Perfect for those wanting or needing to cut down on yeast too, as these don’t have any!
Making a Christmas Tree Pizza is a wonderful way for children to learn about food and about cooking. It goes without saying that these would make a perfect lunch on Christmas Eve too. Or any time of the year!
Christmas Tree Pizza & Christmas Star
(Click on the image to download)
Christmas Tree & Christmas Star
What You Need:
Preheat Oven to 180 ºC
For the base:
300g Self-Raising Flour (Gluten free if needs be)
300g approx of Greek Yoghurt (or dairy free yoghurt e.g coconut, soya, oat, or buffalo if you can …)
1 tsp Baking Powder
For the top:
Mozzarella (or dairy free cheese or omit cheese altogether. We use buffalo mozzarella)
+/- extra toppings such as tuna, red onion, ham, mushrooms etc
What You Do:
- Print and cut out your Christmas Tree & / or Christmas Star templates.
- Weigh the flour into a large bowl + 1 tsp baking powder
- Add just enough yoghurt to make a dough that you can mould, that doesn’t crumble away too easily and isn’t sticky enough to need prising off your fingers!
- Using a rolling pin, roll it to 0.5 thickness on to some parchment paper.
- Place your chosen template over the dough, and ‘draw round it’ with a knife. Lift away the template and cut the dough properly, removing the excess dough to reveal your magical Christmas Tree Pizza shape!
- Thinly spread some tomato puree over it.
- Top with whatever you like (for our Christmas Tree pizza, we like lots of green peppers, cherry tomatoes for baubles, and thin strips of yellow pepper to make the star at the top.
- Dot it with pieces of mozzarella, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with herbs.
- Bake 180 ºC for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
And if you’d like to look at more Christmassy Recipes – how about making some of this Amazing Gingerbread, some Peppermint Bark, or some Spicy Nuts (which can also be totally un-spicy) – our kids eat them by the handful!
I hope you enjoyed this recipe for Christmas Tree Pizza – please come and post your Christmas Tree Pizza photos on Instagram using hashtags #ElfPizza #InternationalElfService #NorthPoleBreakfast
You may also like to see other Christmas Recipes & Christmas Baking Ideas
If you would like to subscribe to our Elf Club, and receive our newsletters, special offers, free Guides and discount codes, I’d love to see you there!