Easy Christmas Tree Pizza Recipe & Templates! (Dairy & Gluten Free Options)
If you’ve been wanting either a Christmas Tree Pizza, or a Christmas Star Pizza for your North Pole Breakfast, or in fact any other day of the year, these 2-main ingredient Christmas Tree pizzas are SO quick and easy to make! It literally takes 5 minutes to make the base and the dough doesn’t need any kneading or rising. The kids love to make their own, it can be gluten & dairy free. Perfect for those wanting or needing to cut down on yeast too, as these don’t have any!
Making a Christmas Tree Pizza is a wonderful way for children to learn about food and about cooking. It goes without saying that these would make a perfect lunch on Christmas Eve too. Or any time of the year!
Christmas Tree Pizza & Christmas Star
(Click on the image to download)
Christmas Tree & Christmas Star
What You Need:
Preheat Oven to 180 ºC
For the base:
300g Self-Raising Flour (Gluten free if needs be)
300g approx of Greek Yoghurt (or dairy free yoghurt e.g coconut, soya, oat, or buffalo if you can …)
1 tsp Baking Powder
For the top:
Mozzarella (or dairy free cheese or omit cheese altogether. We use buffalo mozzarella)
+/- extra toppings such as tuna, red onion, ham, mushrooms etc
What You Do:
- Print and cut out your Christmas Tree & / or Christmas Star templates.
- Weigh the flour into a large bowl + 1 tsp baking powder
- Add just enough yoghurt to make a dough that you can mould, that doesn’t crumble away too easily and isn’t sticky enough to need prising off your fingers!
- Using a rolling pin, roll it to 0.5 thickness on to some parchment paper.
- Place your chosen template over the dough, and ‘draw round it’ with a knife. Lift away the template and cut the dough properly, removing the excess dough to reveal your magical Christmassy shape!
- Thinly spread some tomato puree over it.
- Top with whatever you like (for our Christmas Tree pizza, we like lots of green peppers, cherry tomatoes for baubles, and thin strips of yellow pepper to make the star at the top.
- Dot it with pieces of mozzarella, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with herbs.
- Bake 180 ºC for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
And if you’d like to look at more Christmassy Recipes – how about making some of this Amazing Gingerbread, some Peppermint Bark, or some Spicy Nuts (which can also be totally un-spicy) – our kids eat them by the handful!
I hope you enjoy – please come and post your Christmas Tree Pizza photos on Instagram using hashtags #ElfPizza #InternationalElfService #NorthPoleBreakfast
To receive our Magical Newsletter
Two FREE Guides:
Family Advent Activities & Ways to Make Christmas Eve More Magical!
The International Elf Service specialises in beautiful handcrafted, personalised letters from magical places … the North Pole and Fairyland. Designed to encourage children to read, while developing and preserving their love of all things magical.
‘Very Helpful’ Fairy & Tooth Fairy Letters
Try our amazingly unique and magical Family Christmas Tradition of Christmas Letter Bundles from the North Pole. Elf letters filled with secrets and snippets from the North Pole, for you to deliver very mysteriously on the Elves behalf … for your children to find.
Elfie’s Christmas Letters – Video is the Christmas 2019 Edition
*You don’t need an Elf or a Fairy Door to enjoy these letters. Pop magical letter by their toothbrush, in their shoes, stashed away with the rest of the mail – have fun!
A sneaky listen to our Advent Calendar Christmas letter bundle from Christmas 2018 … *The Christmas Letter Bundles Are Brand New Each Year!
Hide them among the bills and junk mail, lay them on the table first thing in the morning, stashed among the toys, or snuggled up in their bed. You choose where your children find the letters, to create a magical family tradition the kids will love!
“The best Christmas idea ever.” – Charlie Condou (Actor)
“These were the best things I have ever (and I mean ever) ordered!!
I’ve never seen the magic or happiness last so long x”
– Jolene (August 2017)